Vilafranca del Penedés has adapted its museum to the 21st Century: VINSEUM, the Museum of Wine Cultures of Catalonia.
Vinseum is a privileged location from which to learn about wine history, in the peaceful surroundings of the Penedés region and glass of wine or cava in hand.
The exhibition is divided into six sections:
- Boira: On the uncertain origins of the vines
- Tirs: The work done throughout the life of a vineyard
- Clos: Discover that the making of good wine is a matter of science and patience
- Aplec: We are introduced to those who have made and unmade the landscape of vines and vineyards
- Moll: On wine opening up to the world and the world opening up to wine
- Sobretaules: On tasting all the different eras of the wine
- Closed Mondays
- Tuesday to Saturday: from 10h to 14h and from 16h to 19h
- Sundays and bank holidays: from 10h to 14h
- Adults: 5 euros
- Children under the age of 12 free of charge
- Groups: 3 euros