A space where we are invited to learn how to develop our potential for happiness with a proven 2550 year old method, with the assistance of a community of Buddhist monks and nuns carrying out tasks to the benefit of society.
The cultural and spiritual offering, amidst the natural scenery, make the Monastery a magnificent world heritage site and a pilgrimage destination for those in search of peace and harmony.
- Tuesday to Friday: from 10:00 to 13:30 and from 16h to 19:45.
- Weekends and bank holidays: from 10:00 to 19:45
- Open all year except non bank holiday Mondays. Month of December: please check dates.
- 5.50 euros normal rate
- 3.50 euros reduced rate
- Free for children under 4
Visits with audio-guide in several languages (Catalan-Spanish-English-French-Italian-German)
More information on the web page http://portal.sakyatashiling.org
How to get there
- From SitgesOption 1:
Drive to the beginning the Costas del Garraf and at the roundabout, follow signs to Parc Natural del Garraf, enter the development Rat Penat and drive 10.5 Km.
Through the tunnels of Garraf, exist at Castelldefels West, drive to road 246 towards Castelldefels, change direction as soon as you can and when you arrive at the roundabout, follow the instructions above.
Drive along the forest path suited for all types of vehicles, then along the Cementiri Nou path for some 9 Km
- From Sant Pere de RibesDrive across the town towards Olivella, along a road that skirts the Natural Park of the Garraf; when you arrive at Olivella you will come across a crossroads and take the road towards La Plana Nuvella, drive along this road and you will reach the Monastery in less than 15 minutes.
- From the HotelHow to get there from the Hotel